Friday, January 2, 2009

Film Updates - Jeven Productions

It is now 2009! So much has happened over the past year and there is so much more to come. It is now the second semester of my Junior year which means I only have three more semesters until I am in the real world. My senior year is completely focused on one film which for me will be "Cain Rose Up." However, that leaves one more semester to play around and hone in the skills I need to make Stephen Kings story a reality.

Here's whats on my plate so far.

On the 6th the Temper Twins will be realeasing their new video "Depeche Bowie" which I directed and shot.

I am working as Director of Photography on a film called Annie. This is a mobster film and follows the life of a girl named Annie as she gets her revenge. This is only a two week shoot though, so in a few weeks I will have lots of free time. I have a few scripts that I would like to film yet I can't decide which one I want to do.

Right now I am leaning towards "1 800 Suicide." This short story was originally written by Michael Lamio and last year I was awarded the rights to shoot it. This would give me a chance to tackle the adaptation style of filmmaking before I try to do a peice by Stephen King. The script needs work though. After wandering LA a bit I have figured out that I would like to incorporate some locations that the script does not originally call for. Also my draft right now is set in the 60's but I might want to change that as well.

On top of this I am working on a Documentary. I have just now started my research and will be traveling to Turkey to shoot this piece.

It seems like it is going to be a fun year for filmmaking! Keep checking back for updates on my new films; also I will continue to write reviews and bring you news from the film world.

No comments: