Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Annie" production begun today

I began working on a new film this afternoon. It's an interesting piece which is split half into a graphic novel and half into a short film. The scenes we shot today were all in a small boutique when "Annie" gets an assignment to assassinate a local mob boss.

The day started out rough. I had no power at my place so I couldn't charge any of my batteries before I headed out. During the entire shoot I had to keep changing out batteries and putting the dead ones on a charger until the semi charged ones ran out. It was an interesting task.

My director wasn't completely ready for today. He did not have a shot list or a script breakdown for me as well as no plan for the specific look. We talked about doing a noir style with a brighter look all around and I think we achieved something similar. The lighting is a bit harsh, which was intended, however I am hoping that it does not come off looking cheesy.

Day 1 of 4 done. I think it's amazing that we were able to knock out 5 pages in 4 hours. I didn't see it happening but we got through it. Tomorrow we tackle a few visual scenes. We will end up doing the voice over later.

More updates to come. I might post some selects from today and tomorrow for the actors to see how it turned out. Once I post them check it out and let me know what you think. This is a work in progress so any feedback will defiantly be taken into consideration.

No comments: