Thursday, January 29, 2009

Featured on a Blog! + New video!

I was surfing the web and came a across a blog which is featuring two of my videos.

http://www.daillspot.com/

It's cool to see some recognition from random people online.

----------------------

Also if you have been keeping up on my blog, I have been adding new films daily this past week. All of these films were written and directed by other individuals however I worked as the cinematographer on them. Most are senior thesis films from Occidental College.

My newest film to be uploaded is First Date. This is a comedy piece about reality dating shows. The director wanted me to achieve two looks, one for the show and one for the behind the scenes. To do this I decided to play with progressive and interlaced images along with varying frame rates and saturation differences. He wanted me to shoot one in 4X3 and the other in 16X9. Personally I would not have gone down this road. It would have looked better if we were able to shoot the entire thing in one aspect and create the difference using methods that are not as jarring as aspect. However, he was set on shooting in these two aspects because it is such a visual difference. Take a judge and you be the judge.

No comments: