Monday, February 23, 2009

Photo of the Day - #10 "Left Behind"

"Left Behind"

As I strolled down the boardwalk I turned my head to view the many games surrounding. Skee Ball, Basket Ball, an Arcade, and Darts. If I had walked 10 feet further I would have found a Merry-go-round as well, but someone stopped me. A smile is all it took. Dead in my tracks. She looked over her shoulder. The girl that was left behind. The world that was slowly being blurred out had been a vacant one. Not a soul dared venture into the carnival today except me and her. My gaze stayed and she moved ever so slighly. A twinkle in her eyes. My breath stopped as the sounds of the cawing crows tunneled futher away. In this land of forgotten mindless competition I found something. She raised her dart ever so slightly and posed for the camera. As I snapped the photo her smile slowly dropped. She turned back to the game and threw her blue fire. I watched, but she didn't dare look back. A crow landed near me and cawed silently as she stepped away. If I had walked 10 feet towards the merry-go-round I would have found a girl left behind. A lost soul in the world. A survivor of the war we call reality.

No comments: