Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stephen King's "The Regulators"


I just finished reading Stephen King's "The Regulators" This book was originally published under Kings surname Richard Bachman. I thought it was a fun read. This story goes along with another book called "Desperation" which is a prequel to this book however King wrote that one after and used his real name instead of Mr. Bachman.

Overall the story was decent. My only issue was that there were so many characters and I had a hard time remembering who was who. The story follows one street on any normal day. A group of vans drive up the street as everyone stands outside doing day to day things. All of the sudden the vans start shooting anyone in range. From there we learn about TAK the evil creature which posses SETH creating a world from his imagination. Creepy story and lots of action throughout the whole book.

Personally I enjoyed the story about Audrey and Seths struggle to rid his body of Tak. The letters and journal entries gave you enough information to let you know what was going on, telling the story on a whole different level. My favorite was the letter to "whoever" about how Tak fussed himself within Seth.

Great read and I would recommend this book. The next Stephen King story I am going to be reading is Duma Key and then head back to Desperation and the whole story of Tak again.

1 comment:

Rob_Kreh said...

I am actually reading "It" right now...slowly but surely. Man, talk about creepy....